How to Invest in Real estate in Spain
Step-by-Step guide on how to Invest in Real estate in Spain:
1 . What are the requirements to Invest in Real estate in Spain?There are no limitations, any physical person or society legally constituted of any country to Invest in Real estate in Spain. The only indispensable requirement to buy a home in Spain is to obtain the NIE (Foreigners Identification Number).
2. What is the NIE and how can one obtain it?The NIE is simply the “number of identification” of a foreigner in Spain . It is a personal and unique number, essential to carry out any transaction in the country. A lawyer will carry out the process to obtain the NIE.
3. Have the buyer be present in the different phases of the purchase?There is no obligation to be present, His lawyer will be in charge of the buyer’s choice to sign the power of attorney.
4. Need a bank account in Spain?Yes. The most comfortable shape to pay the final price of the *purchase is by means of a banking check issued by a Spanish bank. They do not serve cheek issued abroad and is not recommended to do a direct transfer to the seller before having obtained the titularity. On the other hand, the seller will not want to sign the sale until it has been earned. Besides, all the supplies, quotas of community, taxes, etc. They will be paid by domiciliation to the account of the customer and only cost national accounts.
5. Is possible to obtain a mortgage in Spain for non-residents?Yes, it is possible. The amount granted is usually 60 percent of the total amount of the price and the maximum term of 20 years. The requirements to opt for this type of financing would be to provide all the necessary documentation (employment contract, information on assets, and working life). The applicant will have to justify the origin of the capital that he contributes in equity to the operation. It is a very simple process, in which it is simply confirmed that the origin of the money is legal.
6. It is better to buy in the proper name or constitute a company.Depends on each case.
- Country of origin and pre-existing structure of the customer
- Value of the investment
- Age and other characteristics of the customer
- Use of the property
- Type of property (local / house – new / to renew)