INCOME TAX DECLARATION French Real Estate Investments – What You Should Know?

INCOME TAX DECLARATION IN FRANCE - 2022
INCOME TAX DECLARATION French Real Estate Investments – What You Should Know?

If You Have Real Estate Investments In France Or Own A Second Home And You Rent Out Your Property, It Is Important To Understand Your Responsibilities Regarding Tax On The Rental Income. You can file your INCOME tax declaration on the French government website:

www.impots.gouv.fr  

INCOME TAX DECLARATION DEADLINES:

Online INCOME tax declaration:

  • For Non-Residents: 24th of May 2022
  • For French residents, depending on the department: 31st of May and 8th of June 2022 

Hard paper INCOME tax declaration :

The deadline is: the 19th of May 2022

In France, rental income is taxed according to the applicable regime, which depends on whether you let out a furnished or unfurnished property

Renting Unfurnished Property 

For properties rented without furniture, the tax rate is:  20% + 17.2%

The rate is applied to the net income after deducting fees and charges related to the apartment, such as:

  • Home Insurance
  • Building management fees
  • Mortgage interest if you purchased the property through a loan
  • Work and maintenance you did on the property
  • Property tax

If this is more attractive and if your rental incomes are less than 15,000 euros, you can also simply deduct 30%, and the tax rate will apply to the remaining 70%.

Renting Furnished Property 

INCOME TAX DECLARATION for renting furnished property

Tax declaration will be different for properties that are rented with furniture, Though, the tax rate remains the same i.e. 20% + 17.2%. However, the fees and charges you can deduct are more attractive and may allow you not to pay any income tax:

As a real estate consultant specializing in French real estate, we would be happy to advise you and assist you with your tax declaration and registration. For further details, please feel free to contact us. 

  • Home Insurance
  • Building management fees
  • Mortgage interest if you purchased the property through a loan
  • Work and maintenance you did on the property
  • Property tax
  • Amortization of the property value

Also, we would love to help you make the best investment in French too. Here are some of our properties:

you can find more by browsing here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.